The Economist Events' World Ocean Summit
will be held in Bali, Indonesia, on February 22nd-24th 2017 and will bring a critical eye to the vital issue of how to finance a sustainable ocean economy. Our aim is ambitious: to mobilise a new discussion on how capital and the private sector can drive scalable, sustainable investment in the ocean.
contribution to the discussion is vital. At the World Ocean Summit you will:
- Meet with ESG and impact investors, decision makers and government officials who can drive scalable, sustainable investment in the ocean
- Discover investments opportunities in the ocean economy
- Learn about emerging blue industries and solutions to overcome the problem of overfishing and pollution
- Hear from businesses that are working with governments and academia to build sustainable best practices and lead change
- Discuss the role of marine protected areas (MPAs) and sustainable aquaculture